Who are we?
Nur Energie is a multi-technology solar power plant developer with a portfolio of over 2.5GW of solar energy projects in the Mediterranean region.
Nur Energie is an independent solar power plant developer focused on developing utility scale solar power plants in southern Europe, North Africa, Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
Nur Energie`s global project portfolio
There is a global need for dispatchable renewable energy that can tackle many of the issues of global future energy demand and climate mitigation;
- Global renewable energy targets: At least 67 countries have set mandatory renewable energy targets and the EU has a baseline target of 20% by 2020.
- Rising energy demands: Population growth will create rising energy demands; the World Bank expects that developing nations are expected to have the highest population growth.
- Fossil fuel consumption and climate change: Unless major new programs for non-intermittent renewables such as CSP with storage are implemented at scale 80% of the global energy demand will be generated from fossil fuels between 2010 through to 2040, having significant effects on the climate.
- Tighter laws on high emission power plants: Initiatives like the Industrial Emissions Directive by the European Commission sets tighter standards on high CO2 emitting power plants.
- Nuclear phase-out post Fukushima: Following the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan many countries have begun a phase-out to decommission all nuclear power facilities.
Nur Energie believes that by implementing both large and small scale CSP projects globally many of these global energy issues can be resolved.